Ed Berry, PhD, Theoretical Physics, CCM
Here are seven proofs that human CO2 does not control the CO2 level. My published papers describe these proofs, but this summary may help people understand these proofs.
Tell me what you think of these seven proofs in your comments. You may download a PDF of this post here.
- CO2 flows through the atmosphere as water flows through your bathtub.
- Half-life is how long it takes for the level to decrease by half with no inflow.
IPCC’s core theory:
- (a) Natural CO2 stayed constant at 280 ppm after 1750.
- (b) Human CO2 caused all the CO2 increase above 280 ppm, or 140 ppm today.
- (c) This theory makes human CO2 33% of today’s CO2 level of 420 ppm.
- (d) Human CO2 half-life is 1000 years.
Here are seven proofs (not opinions) that show IPCC’s core theory is false.
- IPCC argues, “Nature absorbs human CO2. So, nature cannot also emit CO2. So, human CO2 increased CO2.” This circular argument assumes (a) is true to prove (a) is true.
- Natural CO2 and human CO2 flow independently through the atmosphere. When at equilibrium, the percent of human CO2 in the atmosphere equals the percent of human CO2 in the CO2 inflow, which IPCC says is about 5%. So, human CO2 is about 5% (or 20 ppm), not 33% (or 140 ppm) as IPCC’s core theory claims.
- IPCC data show the natural CO2 half-life is 2.4 years. Human CO2 half-life cannot be 1000 years because human and natural CO2 molecules are identical, so their half-lives are identical, or 2.4 years. To get 1000 years, IPCC needs a fictitious magic demon to trap human CO2 and let natural CO2 go free.
- Human CO2 has added only 1% to the total carbon in the carbon cycle, which adds only 4 ppm to the CO2 level. So, there is no climate emergency.
- (D14C + 1000) measures the carbon-14 in a sample of carbon-12. The natural level of (D14C + 1000) is 1000. Human CO2 has no carbon-14, so it lowers D14C. If human CO2 were 33% of CO2, it would lower (D14C + 1000) from 1000 to 666. But (D14C + 1000) is still 1000. This proves human CO2 is insignificant to the CO2 increase.
- Human CO2 cannot have caused the CO2 increase before 1955 because the sum of all human CO2 emissions before 1955 is less than the CO2 increase above 280 ppm.
- The COVID-caused 20% decrease in human CO2 emissions did not slow the steady increase in atmospheric CO2 because natural CO2 causes the CO2 increase.
We used the scientific method to prove IPCC’s core theory of human CO2 is false. These proofs supersede all opinions, claims, and votes that this IPCC theory is true.
Natural CO2, not human CO2, causes the CO2 increase. Decreasing human CO2 emissions will not lower the CO2 level. Carbon capture is a waste of engineering talent and money.
Most humans follow groupthink rather than truth. So, the belief that human CO2 drives the CO2 increase may be the biggest public delusion and most costly fraud in history.