by Ed Berry, Ph.D., Physics, CCMOn November 27, 2016, Keith Pickering, an associate of Peter Gleick, argued on edberry.com that human CO2 caused all the increase in atmospheric CO2 since 1750. I could not believe the illogic in Keith’s argument although he believed his argument was solid. His argument was the same as the one the IPCC uses as its core argument. It fails because it ignores natural CO2. Since then, I have written a series of posts that show the IPCC claims to support its key theory are wrong. My posts introduce a physics model that replaces the IPCC model. My latest version is my “Preprint: Contadictions to IPCC’s climate change theory.” The last version is much better than my first version. It has the benefit of hundreds of comments, suggestions, and challenges over two years. My presentation resembles those of Salby and Harde. They use the same fundamental equations that I use. I think my main contributions to the physics of the effect of human CO2 on atmospheric CO2 are
- I have made the physics derivation very simple,
- I introduce the concept of a balance level determined by inflow,
- I use the 14C data to show the physics model is accurate and the IPCC model fails,
- I show how all the IPCC arguments fail because they are junk science, and
- I show how the human-caused changes in the level of 14C and 13C support the physics model and reject the IPCC model.