by Dr. Ed Berry
Pew Research put together an excellent 13-question test of your general science knowledge. There is no specialty science here. Every elected official and every high-school graduate should score 100 percent on this test. I say “should” not “did.”
After you complete the test, you can see the demographic scores. Some demographics jump out. There is one simple question that 80 percent of the people missed. I think this low score is due to government-environmental propaganda.
Senior citizens did the worst of all age groups except for one question where the 18-29 scored worse than all other age groups. This will surprise you.
So do this simple multiple choice test. Then read below.
The median score was 8 of 13 correct answers. Not too good for our “advanced” society.
The negative influence of our government-supported, environmental propaganda is the score on this question. Only 20 percent, or 1 out of 5, people got this correct:
Which gas makes up most of the Earth’s atmosphere?
The question where the 18-29 group scored worse is:
Which natural resource is extracted in a process known as “fracking”?
Now, here’s your bonus questions NOT from Pew Research:
- How long did the Hundred Years’ War last?
- Which country makes Panama hats?
- From which animal do we get cat gut?
- In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
- What is a camel’s hair brush made of?
- The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?
- What was King George VI’s first name?
- What color is a purple finch?
- Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
- What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?
- How long did the Hundred Years War last? 116 years
- Which country makes Panama hats? Ecuador
- From which animal do we get cat gut? Sheep and Horses
- In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution? November
- What is a camel’s hair brush made of? Squirrel fur
- The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal? Dogs
- What was King George VI’s first name? Albert
- What color is a purple finch? Crimson
- Where are Chinese gooseberries from? New Zealand
- What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane? Orange(of course)
What do you mean, you failed?
Me too! And if you try to tell me you passed, then you peeked at the answers.