On May 6, 2016, I picked this song from Les Miserables to convey why the people want Donald Trump to be their president. – Ed
by Dr. Edwin Berry
Trump’s plan is the most pro-growth, pro-jobs, pro-family plan put forth in American history.
Our lives hinge on our economy. Our personal freedom, our health, our bank account, our environment, our education, our enjoyment of life, and our national defense all hinge upon our economy.
America’s power flows directly from its economic strength. America’s ability to influence other nations depends upon the competitive advantage of its industries.
America must become energy independent because abundant, low-cost energy is necessary for a strong economy.
Trump’s economic plan will:
- Deliver 3.5 percent growth per year for the next decade
- Produce 25 million new jobs in the next decade.
- Regain America’s place as a heavy manufacturing leader.
- Open up more public and private lands for oil and gas drilling.
- Lift restrictions on all sources of American energy production.
- Eliminate all needless and job-killing regulations.
- Increase energy production.
- Reduce trade deficits.
- Renegotiate and enforce trade deals to favor American workers.
- Cut $1 trillion from the federal budget in ten years without touching Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid or defense.
- Shrink non-defense spending.
- Reduce the budgets of government agencies including the Education Department, Transportation Department and Interior Department by 1% each year.
Trump’s tax plan will:
- Allow US-based manufacturers to fully write off the costs of new plants and equipment.
- Reduce taxes on all business income, including both traditional corporations and pass-through entities, to 15 percent.
- Reduce the number of federal tax brackets from seven to three, with rates of 12 percent, 25 percent and 33 percent.
- Limit deductions to $100,000 for a single filer and $200,000 for a married couple.
- Set the standard deduction at $15,000 for individuals and $30,000 for married couples.
Watch Trump’s full speech and read the full text of his speech here.
Transcript of Donald Trump’s Economic Speech
Delivered to the Economic Club of New York
by Dr. Ed Berry
Republican Bob Brown, of Whitefish, is a former Montana secretary of state and state senate president. Today, in media across Montana, Bob Brown announced he will vote for Hillary Clinton rather than for Donald Trump.
Below, I republish Brown’s public letter along with my comments on his statements. My comments are in (blue).
[Begin Brown’s letter]
I am saddened to write this opinion piece, but after much thought, I must. In my long life I have never voted for a Democrat for president. That will change this year.
(After all this time, Bob Brown admits he is really a Democrat.) [Read more…]
Text of full speech [Read more…]
by Dr. Ed Berry
Some people spend their whole lives seeking positive reinforcement of their beliefs. They reject information that contradicts their beliefs. They will never learn if their beliefs are wrong.
Democrats, in general, believe our carbon dioxide emissions cause dangerous global warming. Only about 0.001 percent of these believers can claim any expertise in climate. They believe because it is part of their political religion.
If they are atheists, it makes no difference. Their religion is global warming. They believe it without question.
They become cocksure they are correct because they reject information that contradicts their belief and accept information that reinforces their belief.
That’s how we end up with people who are totally cocksure they are right when they are on opposite sides.
Rogers & Hammerstein illustrated this confusion in “The King and I: A Puzzlement”
There are times I almost think Nobody sure of what he absolutely know.
Everybody find confusion in conclusion he concluded long ago
And it puzzle me to learn that tho’ a man may be in doubt of what he know,
Very quickly he will fight… He’ll fight to prove that what he does not know is so!
The philosophy of science teaches us we can never prove our belief is true.
We can only prove our theory or belief is false. [Read more…]
“My name is Angel Leydig and I wrote this song in support of the Trump Campaign. This song goes out to Donald Trump and all of his supporters. I believe in this campaign, message, and that he truly is the one that can make America great again! Join me in supporting the Trump Train 2016 by viewing, liking, and sharing this song/video to all of our fellow Trump supporters. We Love You Donald Trump and Let’s Make America Great Again!! Let us join together and sing this song all the way to the White House!”