Here are the key points in the German letter:
- Information known before the IPCC was founded shows that human CO2 emissions have no measurable effect on global warming.
- The atmosphere has not warmed in the last 10 years and has cooled significantly since 2003.
- The expensive IPCC climate models predicted steady warming but the opposite has occurred.
- Growing evidence continues to show human CO2 plays no measurable role in climate change.
- If all fossil fuels were burned, the additional long-term warming would not exceed a few tenths of a degree.
- The IPCC has been aware of this fact but has completely ignored it.
- As a result, the IPCC has lost its scientific credibility.
- The belief in manmade climate change has become a pseudo-religion.
- The Second International Conference on Climate Change in NY March 2009 was attended by approximately 800 leading scientists, some of whom are among the world’s best climatologists.
- The media has virtually ignored the results of this Conference.
The letter follows: [Read more…]